Friday, January 7, 2011

Melissa J turns 5 - Part 1

She is the reason I got into this cake world. A few years back I wanted my daughter to have a special cake for her birthday, something different. So here I am today with a new found passion for cake decorating.

The long wait is here. After making several cakes for other people, I will finally be able to make a birthday cake for the most special person in my life - for my reason for this passion.

She wanted three cakes: A purse, shoes, makeup cake, a Barbie Fashion show Cake and either Sid the Science Kid or Out-of-the-Box Cake (they are both her current favorite shows on TV).

Her birthday is before the New Year's and after Christmas so we have decided to always have her main birthday party with her friends and classmates in January. However, on her actual birthday, the family will still have a small gathering (just us). Birthday celebration will not be complete without a cake...

Picture
The purse cake is a four layer Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese filling and iced in vanilla buttercream. 

I made the shoes and make-up with a "bling". I used crystals which are NOT edible to make it special.  The shoes, makeup and the purse handle were made of gumpaste. The "blings" on the cake are edible using sugar sprinkles.

I was supposed to make an LV cake but just could not find a store to have the image printed on an edible paper (copyright issue).  Anyway, the next best thing is to have everything in pink (her favorite color).

One down, two to go...I am excited to make her next cake..Barbie Fashion Show Cake and to prepare for her birthday celebration. It will be a busy start of the year for sure.  HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY MY DEAR PRINCESS MELISSA J! MOMMY AND DADDY LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Thanks for looking friends. I wish that the New Year brings joy, beautiful moments and surprises to cherish to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment